Veggies roasted, ready for the food processor!
When most people think "Superbowl", they don't think vegetables.
This dip should change your mind. It is my interpretation of a recipe given to me by our dear family friend Barbara. Thanks BZ!
Delicious and a whole lot healthier than it tastes, this dip is easy to prepare and perfect served with pita chips, potato chips, or, (lordy) more vegetables.
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Add all vegetables in as few layers as possible. Spray with nonstick spray, and season lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast vegetable for 30-45 minutes, until they achieve good color and are evenly roasted. Stir vegetables if necessary to achieve even roasting.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Transfer vegetables to food processor. Add tomato paste. Process until smooth. If necessary, drizzle in olive oil to achieve smooth consistency. If your veggies gave up most of their water while roasting, you may need to do this. Taste and season as necessary.
- Refrigerate and serve.