Monday, January 31, 2011

Are You Ready for some Football?




Hello readers! As many of you know, it is now less than a week until the Superbowl, which this year will feature an epic match-up of the hard-hitting Pittsburgh Steelers against the Aaron-Rodgers-offense-machine Green Bay Packers. Personally, I'm rooting for the Packers, mostly because I'm a big Rodgers fan, but also because I really dislike Pittsburgh sports. (CROSBY!!!!)

Now, I don't know how it works in your house, but in mine, the Superbowl is usually a day of packaged frozen junk food (followed by a day of gastrointestinal regret on Monday). This year, I decided it would be different! So, for the next week, I will share with you all some of my favorite football foods.

Some will be slightly healthy (but still taste good). Others will not. At least one will have copious amounts of cheese (a nod to Green Bay's Cheeseheads, natch).

I will be having some people over for the big game, so hopefully this will whet their appetites, and inspire you all to skip the frozen foods aisle this Superbowl Sunday, and instead make fresh, homemade food for your gridiron gang!

Oh, and a little side note for all you sports enthusiasts: Check out my brother's blog: JFlanland.blogspot.com, for news and analysis of all things sporty.

3 comments:

  1. Billy

    Disliking Pittsburgh sports for no reason other than your apparent distaste for the best living hockey player's last name is rude.

    Secondly, if there is not some kind of awesome play on/ridiculously clever deconstruction of a Primanti Brother's sandwich I'll lose a significant amount of respect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gregory

    I dislike Pittsburgh for many reasons; Crosby is just easier to spell than Rothlisberger or Polomalu.

    Moreover, having been to Pittsburgh and having never seen this mythical sandwich, I havebegun to doubt its existence, much like the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot. That said, from what I've heard, it is, at best, a culinary car wreck, and is well beyond my ability to help.

    ReplyDelete