Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to Billy's Open Kitchen!


Welcome to My Open Kitchen, and Happy New Year!

This blog is starting as a New Year's resolution. After feeding and entertaining friends for years, as well as posting family dinner menus on various sites, I have been told that I need to share recipes.

Thus, My Open Kitchen is born!

My recipes range from single-serving main courses to make-ahead appetizers that can be scaled to feed 30 or 300 (as my family has done at Christmas for over 30 years).

I've always said "Never trust a skinny chef." That said, you'll notice that many of the recipes I share will be tagged as "healthy eating", and some even as "fat free", because no one needs a chef that looks like Jabba the Hut, either. If Paul Prudhomme can clean up his butter-laden act, then so can I!

As a rule, unless otherwise noted, the recipes listed here are mine. Whenever I am sharing a recipe created by someone else, I will provide a citation. You will notice that this happens far more often in the baked-goods arena than it will in others.

Also, unless otherwise noted, all photography is my own. I'm currently using an Olympus SP-550UZ, but hoping to upgrade to a spiffy DSLR in the near future.

All that said, welcome to My Open Kitchen! Come Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment