This recipe is a family staple. We serve it every Christmas, when we have our big family Christmas party (33 years running), which brings upwards of 200 people to our home for homemade food, drink, and holiday cheer.
Traditionally, my father made this punch (and refilled the punch bowl many times during the party). Since he passed away this past October, the title of Punch Master fell to me, a duty I will cherish through many more Christmas parties.
- 2 - 750mL bottles of inexpensive champagne (we usually use Cooks Brut brand)
- 2 - 12oz cans of frozen orange juice concentrate
- 12oz Orange Curacao liqueur
- Let orange concentrate thaw slightly. Mix concentrate with 24oz (2 cans) of water in punch bowl. Try to dissolve any clumps now, as it will become difficult to do after adding the other ingredients.
- Add liqueur and stir.
- Carefully uncork champagne. Pour in slowly, trying to minimize the fizz. Stir.
- Add ice. Serve to holiday revelers.