That is not the case with the crème de menthe brownies.
They are an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY at our Christmas party. There is a good chance that there would be open revolt if they weren't there: candy canes carved into jailhouse shivs, sugar cookie throwing stars, pointsetta projectiles... They. Are. That. Good.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 16oz can Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, flour, salt, chocolate syrup and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13x9x2 baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool in pan.
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 Tbs. Green Crème de Menthe
- Mix one cup sugar with butter and liqueur.
- Add up to one additional cup of sugar and beat until it is spreading consistency.
- Spread on cooled brownies.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbs. butter
- Melt together in microwave or double boiler.
- Cool a bit and spread on cake, covering it completely so that the green frosting is a special seasonal surprise.
- Cut into little squares and serve.
If your family and friends are anything like ours, these will go QUICKLY. Make a whole bunch!!