These particular cookies look like little snowballs - double-coated in powdered sugar. This means, however, that they also make a mess when you eat them, so they are to be avoided when wearing black clothing, or else you'll look like a coke fiend instead of a cookie monster.
Now, on to the cookies!
- ½ cup sifted confectioners sugar, plus additional for dusting
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Cream sugar and butter thoroughly. Blend in remaining ingredients, making sure to blend well.
- Chill dough for a short time.
- Shape dough into balls, the size of large marbles. Place on greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 until just brown, about 15 minutes. Be careful not to overbake, or cookies will crumble.
- Remove from pan and immediately roll hot cookies in additional sifted confectioners sugar. When cookies have cooled, roll in sugar again. You will use about 2 cups of sugar for rolling.