First off, more cookies! These are the ultimate kid cookie. Unless that kid happens to have a peanut allergy, in which case he/she will enjoy these cookies immensely for around 25 seconds before going into anaphylaxis.
Epipens at the ready? OK, here we go!
- 16 oz Hershey Kisses (96), unwrapped
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbs. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove foil wrappers from Hershey Kisses (DO THIS BEFORE COOKIES GO IN THE OVEN).
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add ⅔ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually mix into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press one Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and allow to cool completely. Makes approx. 8 dozen.